Friday, November 19, 2010

I am a student for the rest of my life..

Today is the end of the 1st week of my final (probably) clinical-posting...This is the 5th hospital I've been posted to, & to me it is the hardest of all bcoz it's a big hospital & located within one of the polluted place in Klang Valley.. Oh God, the are too many patients come to the physiotherapy department everyday. Finally I'm in my final year but a physiotherapist is always a student no matter how long you have been working, no matter how much experience you already have because there were too many things that you need & HAVE to know in order to treat the patients. Besides, the researchers always come up with new ways to make the treatment better, & we have to get update with those new info. It's not a profession that we can easily play around without treating the patients easily. I have to admit that I'm really glad to become one of them. We treat patients after the doctors have done their duties to the them @ treat those who do not need any medications but only management & exercises prescribed by us can help them.
My dad always complained to me that why do I have to choose to become a physiotherapist instead of becoming a doctor, well, in the beginning. It did hurt my feelings sometimes but I do know that he was only joking. I can take that joke because my dad's occupation is not within the science stream but what makes me really pissed of is when there's a few people who are in the health science & medical stream look down on our course & this profession. ooooo!!!!! I wished that they will be sorry for doing that!! anyway, peace, no war!

While I was searching for the exact population in the Klang Valley, I ended up with the article about "10 most polluted place on planet earth". Funny how I ended up here, maybe bcoz the spelling are close (population=polluted.). Down here are only a few of them.
Two girls walk to school amid smoky skies in La Oroya, Peru, in this September 2003 photo. The congested mining town of 35,000 nestled high in the Andes was recently added to the Blacksmith Institute's list of the ten most polluted places in the world.


 A cemetery of radioactive vehicles is seen near Ukraine's Chernobyl nuclear power plant in this November 10, 2000 photo. More than 1,300 Soviet military helicopters, buses, bulldozers, and other equipment were used and contaminated while responding to the April 26, 1986 nuclear accident at Chernobyl.
The disaster's residual effects and its potential for future environmental and health damage has landed Chernobyl on the New York-based Blacksmith Institute's 2007 list of the ten most polluted sites.



No comments:

Post a Comment